Welcome to our Year 3 home learning page. Here you will find some exciting activities that you can do with your child over the next few weeks, alongside other educational resources.
Ideas to support your Year 3 child:
- Recall 3, 4 and 8 multiplications
- Use everyday objects to write fractions
- Compare, order, add and subtract fractions with the same denominators
- Measure objects around the home using a ruler and record in mm and cm
- Baking is a perfect way to measure mass and capacity
- Tell and write the time in 24 hour and analogue - do this at certain times of the day. Ask your children to help create a timetable
- Draw 2D shapes and use a ruler to measure and calculate perimeters
- Add and subtract money using both pounds and pence
- Ensure your child reads every day. Ask your child to give you a recount of what they have read
- Ask your children to keep a diary and include: conjunctions, adverbs and prepositions to make sentences longer. Add speech in sentences and practise the Y3/4 spelling words.
Please click on the additional tabs (dates) in this section to access the Home Learning Packs.