Parent Loan Agreement
1:1 Chromebook Parent Loan Agreement
This agreement is between you and the school and sets out the terms and conditions of the loan of a 1:1 Chromebook that can be used at school and home.
The equipment provided is being facilitated and funded by the Trust since it will support learning. The pupil’s use of the Chromebook is a privilege, and it is the pupil’s and parents’ responsibility to properly use and care for this device.
- A Chromebook, charger and case are being loaned in good working order.
- I will ensure my child looks after the equipment at all times, so that it is always available for their education.
Here are a few recommended precautions:
- Treat the Chromebook as you would any valuable item.
- When not being used, store the Chromebook in a secure place, out of sight.
- Do not leave the device in a car.
- Do not walk around carrying the Chromebook, except when it is in its protective case.
- Only touch the screen gently, and be gentle with the keyboard, trackpad, and ports.
- Do not eat or drink near the Chromebook.
- Avoid extreme heat or cold.
- Do not lend the Chromebook to anyone.
- Use in a safe way, ideally at a table with an appropriate height chair for use, without trailing cables or other hazards.
- Ensure that appropriate breaks are taken when using the Chromebook.
- Report any damage to the school immediately.
- Ensure that the Chromebooks are fully charged when returned back to school
- I will ensure that unauthorised changes are not made to the Chromebook and that unauthorised software is not loaded to it.
- I understand that the Chromebook can be remotely deactivated and rendered inoperable in the event of loss or theft.
- I will ensure the school is notified as soon as possible (and no later than 24 hours) of any fault, damage or theft arising. If the device is stolen, I understand that I need to report this to the police within 24 hours and report the crime number to the school.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to ensure that the equipment provided is maintained under my or my child’s control at all times and is not lent out nor left unattended in public places (such as parks, buses, trains etc.)
- I understand my child will use educational apps which staff have selected as being appropriate for educational purposes, for example, GSuite (Slides, Docs, Sheets, Jamboard, Earth, Drawings and Classroom), Google Expeditions, Nearpod, Flipgrid, ToonTastic, Seesaw, Book Creator, Squid, ScreenCastify, ThingLink, Kahoot and Adobe Creative Cloud suite. School will decide which options to include. School can remove/add more examples as necessary.
- I understand that my child may take photos and/or videos on their device and use these for educational reasons.
- I undertake to return the device, charger and case to the school, in good working order, when requested by the school or when my child ceases to be a pupil at the school for any reason.
- I understand that I am responsible for monitoring my child’s use of the Chromebook when not at school. Here are a few tips:
- Use the chromebook in a central location at home, rather than behind closed doors.
- Help your child to focus on completing tasks and assignments.
- Ensure that your child understands that he or she should not give personal information to any person or any website without checking with an adult first.
- Ensure that any online activity does not bring the school into disrepute.
- Talk with your child about cyberbullying encouraging him/her to be kind and to communicate clearly online.
- Advise your child that anything they post, text, or upload may be forwarded, copied, and published to anyone.
- Ensure that this equipment is for the sole use of my child, who will use it only for educational purposes only.
- I will ensure my child brings the equipment to school each day and that it is fully charged. I understand that if the device isn’t charged, my child may not experience full access to learning.
- If the device is used to connect with the internet from home, the school will not be responsible for the costs involved.
- Ensure the device is not used for any illegal conduct, or statements which are deemed to be advocating illegal activity and/or anti-social purposes, including access to inappropriate internet sites and chat rooms.
- I understand that I cannot deface the Chromebook, case or charger (e.g. by sticking stickers on).
- I will ensure that I set parental controls on my home internet.
- I understand that should I cease to follow this agreement the school may not allow the Chromebook to be removed from school premises and taken home by my child.
- The school also reserves the right to claim financial recompense in the case if the Chromebook, charger or case is lost, stolen or accidentally damaged.
- I agree to pay the cost to replace the Chromebook, case or charger if it is lost, stolen or accidentally damaged. I agree to pay 50% of what the Trust paid for the Chromebook (£85). I agree that I would cover the full cost of the case (£6.50) and the charger (£24.70).
- I understand that if a debt is outstanding the Chromebook will not continue to be loaned to my child.